Monday, October 27, 2008

Jane fights the email avalanche... and loses

Sooo.... I'm trying to catch up on my work email. I keep trying to whittle away at it from the top, but I never seem to catch up. Today I decided to attack from the bottom of my inbox. There seems to be an email from 9/19 that needed to be answered... and I never answered it. The question now is, do I answer it a month and a half later? Or do I simply delete it? I mean, if it was crucial I'd have heard something about it by now, surely. On the other hand, if I had written the thing, wouldn't I want an answer? (Even if it's a severely late answer?) Yeah, I probably would. Yet I'm not even sure how to begin a response at this point...

Dear Sir,
Thank you for your inquiry of two months ago. The answer is "Yes." I'm sure you'll now be doing loads of business with an institution that takes two months to answer a yes or no question, so no doubt I'll be hearing from you soon.
All best,
[Someone else's name goes here]

1 comment:

Calamity Jane said...

I went ahead and replied; they were very understanding and, as it turned out, still needed my help. So I guess I redeemed myself. A little. Maybe.